Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sawyer's "big boy" bed

Sawyer is such a big boy! I have been looking for a big boy bed for Sawyer to transition him from his crib, and found the perfect one. Unlike Logan who would jump out of his crib before he turned two, Sawyer had no desire to give his up. My intention was to set up his new bed while keeping him in his crib until he was ready to move, but last night as were we going to bed he climbed up into his new bed. I read him some books, gave him his water, puppies, snuggles and blankets and he was ready to go to sleep. He looked so small in his new big bed, I placed pillows all around so he wouldn't fall out. I kept thinking he would climb out of bed to come find me, as Logan did for months, but I never heard a sound all night long. I checked on him in the morning and sure enough he was sound asleep in the same spot I had left him. What happened to my babies? No matter how hard I try to keep both my boys from growing up, they are changing daily and I am so proud of them!



1 comment:

Scott and Jen Vincent said...

Sooo cute! I LOVE this bed...I want to get one like it for Parker once he out grows his McQueen bed! Maybe they can have a sleepover soon :)