Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our new baby.....puppy!



We (Anthony) decided it was time to get a new puppy since our dog, Jake, is getting old and we're not sure how much longer he is going to be around. Perfect time to get a puppy I guess?! Anthony came home from work on friday with a 13 week old white boxer puppy. It was hard to get mad at him when I saw the little guy, and the boys were sooo excited. It's been over nine years since I trained a puppy, but so far he's been pretty good with the potty training, chewing on furniture and the boys' toys, preferring instead my shoes and pillows. We named him ENZO, which means "house ruler" in old German (which I'm not sure is a good thing or not). Jake isn't too sure of him yet, but will tolerate him as long as he doesn't eat his food or climb all over him. Poor Jake, all he wants to do is sleep and relax in his old age, and now he has a fiesty puppy to live with. Although it is hard to admit, but getting a puppy right now has been a great distraction for me, and might help with my perceived lonliness coming up next week with Logan starting school all day, and Sawyer starting preschool next month. I now have another baby in the house to take care of!




No comments: