Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Starting School

Both Logan and Sawyer are now in school.  Logan started first grade (!) last month and loves it, his teacher is Ms. Paskett and I'm very impressed with her so far. It was hard at first to adjust having him gone all day (from 8:00 until 3:45), and I still feel a little guilty when I do something fun with Sawyer during the day, but overall it's been nice to have some time for myself.  Sawyer started preschool two days a week, his teacher is Ms. Whitney.  Although bashful at times, he loves going and wishes he could go to school every day like Logan.  He loves show and tell, but whispers to the teacher what to tell the class about what he brought.  He loves singing songs he has learned and showing off his art projects.  He has even memorized a poem Logan needed to learn for school and can recite it perfectly.  I'm pretty sure he'll be reading soon since he is like a sponge and absorbs everything that Logan is learning.    I've worked to establish a routine for after school which includes homework assignments and reading, then off to bmx practice.  I love watching my boys grow up and learn new things, their future is endless!

No comments: